Chinese lawmakers have unanimously approved the government’s 13th Five-Year Plan at the...
five years plan
Mar 2, 2016
Almost exactly two years after Premier Li Keqiang declared “war on pollution” in his...
Mar 18, 2015
The Party’s unveiling of its vision for a “Socialist rule of law” last fall,...
Mar 4, 2011
This Saturday, China’s legislative body, the National People’s Congress, will convene to discuss and formalize China’s new Five Year Plan. But who are China’s Congress members? It may or may not be...
Oct 15, 2010
From the Wall Street Journal: This is where the upcoming five-year plan comes into play. Citizens now are promised not merely stuff, but a whole new way of life. That includes rights of a decidedly political and participatory...
Oct 10, 2005
From The International Herald Tribune: Leaders of China’s ruling Communist Party began drawing an economic road map for the next five years in a major meeting that began over the weekend, Xinhua, the official press agency, reported Monday, citing the party. The plan will focus on social services to narrow the widening gap between the […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes