Chinese lawmakers have unanimously approved the government’s 13th Five-Year Plan at the...
five years plan
by Samuel Wade | Mar 18, 2015
The Party’s unveiling of its vision for a “Socialist rule of law” last fall,...
by cdtstaff | Mar 4, 2011
This Saturday, China’s legislative body, the National People’s Congress, will convene to discuss and formalize China’s new Five Year Plan. But who are China’s Congress members? It may or may not be...
by Xiao Qiang | Oct 10, 2005
From The International Herald Tribune: Leaders of China’s ruling Communist Party began drawing an economic road map for the next five years in a major meeting that began over the weekend, Xinhua, the official press agency, reported Monday, citing the party. The plan will focus on social services to narrow the widening gap between the […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods