Human Rights Watch has released their 30th annual “World Report” review of human rights by country. In the introduction to this year’s report, HRW Executive Director Kenneth Roth wrote on the global threat to...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 16, 2017
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson embarked on his first diplomatic trip to Asia this week,...
by Liu Yong | Jan 13, 2009
From AP: China failed to enact democratic reforms in 2008 despite promises to do so, a private democracy watchdog organization said Tuesday. The statement from the Washington, D.C.-based Freedom House came as the group unveiled...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”