Human Rights Watch has released their 30th annual “World Report” review of human rights by country. In the introduction to this year’s report, HRW Executive Director Kenneth Roth wrote on the global threat to...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 16, 2017
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson embarked on his first diplomatic trip to Asia this week,...
by Liu Yong | Jan 13, 2009
From AP: China failed to enact democratic reforms in 2008 despite promises to do so, a private democracy watchdog organization said Tuesday. The statement from the Washington, D.C.-based Freedom House came as the group unveiled...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods