Human Rights Watch has released their 30th annual “World Report” review of human rights by country. In the introduction to this year’s report, HRW Executive Director Kenneth Roth wrote on the global threat to...
by Josh Rudolph | Mar 16, 2017
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson embarked on his first diplomatic trip to Asia this week,...
by Liu Yong | Jan 13, 2009
From AP: China failed to enact democratic reforms in 2008 despite promises to do so, a private democracy watchdog organization said Tuesday. The statement from the Washington, D.C.-based Freedom House came as the group unveiled...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism