Retired Peking University sociology professor Zheng Yefu is known for his outspoken political views. In a recent essay that went viral on Chinese social media, Zheng argues that the Party’s attempts to protect and...
governing second generation
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 18, 2013
Already a member of the cohort of privileged elite adolescents that often breed disdain in China due to his past misbehavior, Li Tianyi, son of decorated PLA singer Li Shuangjiang, was arrested for suspicion of involvement in a...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 22, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. State Internet Information Office: Immediately delete contents which calls into question the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms