Former Vice Chairman of the Central Military Commission Guo Boxiong may be under investigation for...
by Scott Greene | Dec 22, 2011
While the siege of Wukan appears to have ended with yesterday’s compromise by Communist Party officials, Hong Kong newspapers are reporting that protests 75 miles away in Haimen intensified today over plans to build a...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods