China will surpass middle income status (defined by the World Bank as having a per capita gross...
Sep 30, 2007
From Crossroads blog, (thanks to Shanghaiist): The Unseen China is a 5 part Youtube series that I found recently and highly recommend. For those of us in China, it is sometimes easy to be blinded by the reflections coming from all those shiny new buildings, however just past the major roads of Beijing and Shanghai […]
Feb 26, 2007
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?