At Reuters, Benjamin Kang Lim reports that Cai Qi, a longtime ally of Xi Jinping, has been...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Scott Greene | Mar 18, 2013
Mimi Lau of the South China Morning Post reports that despite his reformist credentials, new Guangdong party chief Hu Chunhua has held his cards close to the vest while navigating a series of early tests: His low-profile, opaque...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2013
The heavy-handed rewriting of the Southern Weekly newspaper’s traditional New Year greeting has triggered a staff strike, a barrage of letters and petitions, and an upwelling of popular support both on- and offline. In the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms