At Reuters, Benjamin Kang Lim reports that Cai Qi, a longtime ally of Xi Jinping, has been...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Scott Greene | Mar 18, 2013
Mimi Lau of the South China Morning Post reports that despite his reformist credentials, new Guangdong party chief Hu Chunhua has held his cards close to the vest while navigating a series of early tests: His low-profile, opaque...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2013
The heavy-handed rewriting of the Southern Weekly newspaper’s traditional New Year greeting has triggered a staff strike, a barrage of letters and petitions, and an upwelling of popular support both on- and offline. In the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo