At Reuters, Benjamin Kang Lim reports that Cai Qi, a longtime ally of Xi Jinping, has been...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Scott Greene | Mar 18, 2013
Mimi Lau of the South China Morning Post reports that despite his reformist credentials, new Guangdong party chief Hu Chunhua has held his cards close to the vest while navigating a series of early tests: His low-profile, opaque...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 8, 2013
The heavy-handed rewriting of the Southern Weekly newspaper’s traditional New Year greeting has triggered a staff strike, a barrage of letters and petitions, and an upwelling of popular support both on- and offline. In the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods