This year marks the 30th anniversary of the nationwide, student-led democracy movement in China,...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 16, 2016
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 2, 2015
The dismissal and expulsion of Xinjiang Daily editor Zhao Xinwei last month marked the first...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 28, 2014
The son of former party general secretary Hu Yaobang has taken over as publisher of liberal...
by Anne Henochowicz | Apr 16, 2013
As of April 16, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function). 24th Anniversary of Hu Yaobang’s Death: Former Chinese Communist Party chief died suddenly on April 15,...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China