At The New York Times, Yu Hua reports a literature professor’s suggestion, “based more...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 18, 2014
Keith Bradsher at The New York Times reports that the Chinese government is starting to rein in...
by Sophie Beach | May 1, 2013
The New York Times’ David Barboza looks at the economic and political reasons why cash is so dominant in financial transactions in China and why the government has never printed currency in bills larger than 100 yuan: For...
by Scott Greene | Oct 18, 2012
Lily Kuo and Ritchie King of Quartz break down the results of a just-released China public opinion survey by Pew Research Center, which revealed changing attitudes toward income inequality, corruption, the U.S. and other quality...
by CDT Money | Apr 30, 2012
A preliminary measure of manufacturing activity painted a stabilizing picture of the Chinese factory sector this week, though concerns persist over potential export weakness as a trip by Wen Jiabao brought Europe back to the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods