At The New York Times, Yu Hua reports a literature professor’s suggestion, “based more...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 18, 2014
Keith Bradsher at The New York Times reports that the Chinese government is starting to rein in...
by Sophie Beach | May 1, 2013
The New York Times’ David Barboza looks at the economic and political reasons why cash is so dominant in financial transactions in China and why the government has never printed currency in bills larger than 100 yuan: For...
by Scott Greene | Oct 18, 2012
Lily Kuo and Ritchie King of Quartz break down the results of a just-released China public opinion survey by Pew Research Center, which revealed changing attitudes toward income inequality, corruption, the U.S. and other quality...
by CDT Money | Apr 30, 2012
A preliminary measure of manufacturing activity painted a stabilizing picture of the Chinese factory sector this week, though concerns persist over potential export weakness as a trip by Wen Jiabao brought Europe back to the...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms