Recent Reuters reports exposing “America’s underground market for adopted...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 25, 2013
On ChinaFile, Charlie Custer of China Geeks tells the stories of two parents, one of a child abducted in China, the other of a child adopted from China, who may have been trafficked and sold to her orphanage. Through these two...
by Sophie Beach | May 10, 2011
An investigation in Hunan has revealed that family planning officials and local village officials confiscated babies from families who could not afford to pay the fine for having more than one child, and sold the children to...
by Liu Yong | Dec 28, 2009
From Los Angeles Times: My name is Haley. I was adopted in 1995. I now live in America. I enjoy singing and playing the violin and hanging out with my friends. I have a good life, but I would like to find my biological family....
by Sophia Cao | May 5, 2006
From Bellevuel Leader (link) When Tony and Jodi Miceli show off their new baby to friends and family, people can’t help but comment, “She looks just like her mommy!” Remarkably, she does. Even though Cecilia Bao Miceli was born in China and has only been with the Micelis for a little less than a month, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods