New reports suggest that China has dramatically curtailed lending towards the Belt and Road Initiative, Xi Jinping’s flagship global infrastructure and trade program. First proposed in 2013, the BRI is a trillion-dollar...
by Cindy | Jul 25, 2017
Hundreds of investors gathered in Beijing on Monday to protest the government’s...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2015
Investors angered by frozen assets in the Kunming-based Fanya Metals Exchange rallied outside the...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 28, 2014
Newly elected Afghan president Ashraf Ghani arrived in Beijing today, where he was welcomed by Xi...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms