New reports suggest that China has dramatically curtailed lending towards the Belt and Road Initiative, Xi Jinping’s flagship global infrastructure and trade program. First proposed in 2013, the BRI is a trillion-dollar...
by Cindy | Jul 25, 2017
Hundreds of investors gathered in Beijing on Monday to protest the government’s...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 22, 2015
Investors angered by frozen assets in the Kunming-based Fanya Metals Exchange rallied outside the...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 28, 2014
Newly elected Afghan president Ashraf Ghani arrived in Beijing today, where he was welcomed by Xi...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”