The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Cyberspace Administration of China notice: 1. Regarding livestreams of the commemorative rally for...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 29, 2016
This week, the PLA Daily newspaper fired the latest shot in an ongoing campaign against...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 12, 2013
Following North Korea’s third nuclear test, John Garnaut of the Age writes that if people in the West are expecting China to take a strong stand against the development of Pyongyang’s nuclear program, they will be...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 26, 2012
On November 15th, five brothers and cousins aged between nine and thirteen died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Guizhou dumpster, where they had lit a fire to keep warm. Their deaths prompted a frenzy of soul searching in both...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms