The South China Morning Post reports that Zhao Wujun, son of the former CCP General Secretary Zhao...
Dec 20, 2013
As China gears up for Mao Zedong’s lavish 120th birthday anniversary celebrations, Denise Ho...
Dec 13, 2013
Chris Buckley reports for The New York Times that “the Communist revolutionary who...
Dec 6, 2006
From China.org: Hongji Landbridge Investment Development Inc., a construction firm in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, was slapped with a 500,000 yuan (US$63,776) fine for deliberately damaging the Great Wall, according to the local cultural heritage protection bureau. The company began building a highway through a section of the Great Wall in Ulanqab City […]
Nov 29, 2006
From The Christian Science Monitor For the first time Friday, it will be a crime to damage China’s ancient Great Wall. For a national symbol so intimately linked to China’s international image, the Great Wall is in a pretty sorry state. Crudely rebuilt in places to resemble a Disneyland attraction but mostly left to crumble […]
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner