The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 20, 2018
Lhasa’s Jokhang temple, a sacred Tibetan Buddhist site dating back in parts to the seventh...
by Sophie Beach | May 10, 2013
The Chinese government’s development of Tibet in recent years is resulting in the destruction of many historically and culturally significant areas, especially in Lhasa. A recent post by Tibetan writer Woeser looks at the...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 30, 2013
Rescue efforts by thousands of soldiers, armed police and firefighters turned up a single body on Saturday [see update below], over a day and a half after two million cubic meters of mud and rock buried 83 miners near Lhasa....
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo