The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 20, 2018
Lhasa’s Jokhang temple, a sacred Tibetan Buddhist site dating back in parts to the seventh...
by Sophie Beach | May 10, 2013
The Chinese government’s development of Tibet in recent years is resulting in the destruction of many historically and culturally significant areas, especially in Lhasa. A recent post by Tibetan writer Woeser looks at the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods