Feminist legal scholars say that a precedent set by 17-year-old gang rapist Li Tianyi’s ten...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 25, 2013
Li Guanfeng (also known as Li Tianyi), the 17-year-old son of famed army singers Li Shuangjiang...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 18, 2013
Already a member of the cohort of privileged elite adolescents that often breed disdain in China due to his past misbehavior, Li Tianyi, son of decorated PLA singer Li Shuangjiang, was arrested for suspicion of involvement in a...
by Anne Henochowicz | Jul 2, 2013
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. Chinese journalists and bloggers often refer to these instructions as “Directives from the Ministry...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 22, 2013
Li Guanfeng (also known as Li Tianyi), the 17-year-old son of People’s Liberation Army general and renowned singer Li Shuangjiang, has been arrested for involvement in a gang rape. In 2011, the younger Li was arrested...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms