Last month, former Southern Metropolis Daily columnist Li Xin went missing after traveling to...
Jan 26, 2016
Since coming to power in 2012, the Xi administration has overseen a crackdown on civil...
Jan 22, 2016
At Time, Simon Lewis reports that authorities in Xinjiang have jailed rights activist Zhang...
Aug 16, 2006
From Procuratorate Daily via Yulun Jiandu, translated by CDT: Li Xin, former Jining vice mayor of Shandong Province taken down after a Yulun Jiandu breaking story on his extortionism and corruption, was sentenced for a life imprisonment after being found taking bribes totaling 4.5 million yuan. These bribes were received by Li during 1991-2004 period […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends