The Guangdong village of Wukan won global fame and some democratic concessions in 2011 when...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 6, 2016
Five years after protests against the official seizure of public land led to local...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 20, 2016
In September of 2011, villagers in Wukan, Guangdong, launched an anti-corruption protest after...
by Scott Greene | Mar 3, 2012
Villagers in Wukan cast their votes Saturday to fill seats on a new village committee, only a few months after violent protests over corrupt land grabs and the death of a detained villager drove away local officials and yielded...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism