On Sunday, Xinhua reported the latest move in the Party’s current drive to fight corruption...
May 6, 2014
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Apr 17, 2012
In Foreign Policy, John Garnaut has a lengthy report about corruption in the People’s Liberation Army, which he writes is, “riddled with corruption and professional decay, compromised by ties of patronage, and...
Aug 16, 2011
Details of Ai Weiwei’s experiences in detention have emerged for the first time, adding to remarks the artist recently made to a reporter for Hong Kong’s Apple Daily. From The New York Times: The sergeants were never...
May 5, 2011
Responding on Twitter to news of Osama bin Laden’s death, blogger Wen Yunchao wrote that “Bin Laden is dead, but Mao Zedong still lives on.” As authorities cultivate celebrations of China’s Communist...
Jan 17, 2011
A newly appointed member of the Chinese Communist Party discusses a series of lectures and study sessions at a party school.
Oct 17, 2006
From The International Herald Tribune: Wang Guangmei, the former Chinese first lady who was persecuted in the 1960s during the Cultural Revolution with her husband, President Liu Shaoqi, has died, news reports said Monday. She was 85. Wang, forced to wear a necklace of Ping-Pong balls when she was purged at the height of the […]
Oct 15, 2006
Wang Guangmei, wife of Liu Shaoqi, former president of People’s Republic of China, died in Beijing on Oct. 13, Singtaonet said. Wang’s death has still not been publicized in China. The legendary former first lady was jailed and tortured for 12 years after her husband was removed from power by Mao Zedong in the Cultural […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?