Liu Xia’s departure from China to Berlin three weeks ago appeared sudden after almost a year...
by Samuel Wade | May 2, 2018
Since the death of imprisoned Nobel Peace laureate Liu Xiaobo last July, the extra-legal house...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 11, 2018
“Quintessential rights lawyer” Wang Quanzhang was one of hundreds taken in the...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 20, 2017
This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 20, 2017
Poet Liu Xia, wife of late Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo, has not been seen in public since her...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 21, 2017
Liu Xia, the widow of recently deceased activist Liu Xiaobo, has been under house arrest and...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms