Taiwanese authorities have refused to provide a visa for the Dalai Lama, who was due to address a women’s organisation there next month. From the AFP: The Taiwan chapter of the Federation of Business and Professional...
by Melissa M. Chan | Aug 21, 2012
The United Kingdom’s Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, is trying to ‘turbo-charge’ tourism to the UK by capitalizing on fervor surrounding the Olympics. According to The Guardian, despite the high demand for Chinese tourists, many...
by Anne Henochowicz | Aug 6, 2012
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods