Taiwanese authorities have refused to provide a visa for the Dalai Lama, who was due to address a women’s organisation there next month. From the AFP: The Taiwan chapter of the Federation of Business and Professional...
by Melissa M. Chan | Aug 21, 2012
The United Kingdom’s Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, is trying to ‘turbo-charge’ tourism to the UK by capitalizing on fervor surrounding the Olympics. According to The Guardian, despite the high demand for Chinese tourists, many...
by Anne Henochowicz | Aug 6, 2012
The following examples of censorship instructions, issued to the media and/or Internet companies...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms