Cruising has come to China, and international ocean liners are hoping to get in early on the...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2013
Not for the first time, princeling businesswoman Li Xiaolin has come under fire for her choice of...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 27, 2013
With millions of Chinese becoming first-time car owners, Bloomberg News describes the lengths...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 24, 2012
Once one of four symbols of modern living in China, alongside wristwatches, sewing machines and radios, the bicycle’s position as a status symbol took a battering with the advent of widespread car ownership. Its fall from...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 11, 2012
The global economic slowdown, especially in China, is impacting global luxury brands. Burberry’s reported a 20% drop in shares this week. From Forbes: It comes as no surprise to anyone following global markets that China...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo