At Startup Grind on Medium (h/t Matthew Sheehan’s Chinafornia newsletter), Panpan Wang...
by Melissa M. Chan | Sep 9, 2012
CDT previously reported on protests in Hong Kong against a planned curriculum change and on the possibility of the plans being scrapped due to mounting protests. Reuters reports Hong Kong is now backing down from the education...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 13, 2006
From Reuters via the New York Times (link): Taiwan’s independence-leaning government said on Thursday it may lift a ban on visits by Chinese tourists to the island, a move that could trump an opposition delegation’s talks in Beijing this weekend. “Even if (China) continues to stall negotiations with us, we do not rule out the […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo