New research published by the cybersecurity firm Mandiant Threat Intelligence, in collaboration with Google’s Threat Assessment Group, has highlighted the dangerous evolution of Chinese influence operations online. A suspected...
by Sophie Beach | May 7, 2013
The Department of Defense issued a report on China’s military, which broke new ground by directly accusing the People’s Liberation Army of launching cyberattacks against U.S. government interests, the first time the...
by Scott Greene | Mar 11, 2013
After foreign minister Yang Jiechi brushed off Chinese government involvement in recent hacking attacks as nothing but an international smear campaign last weekend, U.S. national security adviser Tom Donilon demanded today that...
by Scott Greene | Feb 28, 2013
After responding to a report linking the Chinese army to cyber attacks against the U.S. by claiming that America had perpetrated cyber attacks in China as well, China on Thursday provided details of the alleged intrusions . From...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 19, 2013
In the recent string of hacking attacks against American newspapers, government departments and other organizations, the difficulty of definitively attributing such actions has been a recurring theme. Chinese authorities have...
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal