More than a year after a Mandiant report accused a PLA unit of sustained hacking attacks against...
by Sophie Beach | May 7, 2013
The Department of Defense issued a report on China’s military, which broke new ground by directly accusing the People’s Liberation Army of launching cyberattacks against U.S. government interests, the first time the...
by Scott Greene | Mar 11, 2013
After foreign minister Yang Jiechi brushed off Chinese government involvement in recent hacking attacks as nothing but an international smear campaign last weekend, U.S. national security adviser Tom Donilon demanded today that...
by Scott Greene | Feb 28, 2013
After responding to a report linking the Chinese army to cyber attacks against the U.S. by claiming that America had perpetrated cyber attacks in China as well, China on Thursday provided details of the alleged intrusions . From...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 19, 2013
In the recent string of hacking attacks against American newspapers, government departments and other organizations, the difficulty of definitively attributing such actions has been a recurring theme. Chinese authorities have...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China