Several recently released reports have shed new light on China’s international efforts to bolster its image and manipulate public opinion, through both traditional and social media. Two reports were released this week, one...
by Cindy | May 1, 2015
At The Wall Street Journal, Te-Ping Chen reports that Chinese media regulators have revoked...
by Cindy | Aug 18, 2014
At Monday’s meeting with members of the Leading Group for Overall Reform, Xi Jinping...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods