Shane Goldmacher, reporter for The National Journal, profiles Richard Quick, a 71-year old retired...
Jan 23, 2014
The Economist reports that while multinational corporations have streamed into China over the past...
Nov 21, 2013
With large multinational corporations such as JP Morgan facing possible bribery charges for their...
Jun 27, 2013
As Chinese consumers devour more and more fast food (and begin to experience the correlated health impacts), and the multinational chains that cater to the growing appetite for processed convenience adjust their menus for the...
Jan 3, 2013
After a friend and fellow longtime China Hand in Beijing complained about the treatment of American companies in China, calling the shenanigans the worst he has ever seen, Forbes contributor Janet Carmosky asks “two...
May 12, 2005
From Xinhua: What happens when businesses are driven not just by maximizing profits for their shareholders, but also by benefiting the wider community and environment in which they operate? Sparks fly. Amazing feats are achieved in local communities, factories, businesses, and even nations… Today, China is probably more integrated into the international community than at […]
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)