Shane Goldmacher, reporter for The National Journal, profiles Richard Quick, a 71-year old retired...
by Scott Greene | Jan 23, 2014
The Economist reports that while multinational corporations have streamed into China over the past...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 27, 2013
As Chinese consumers devour more and more fast food (and begin to experience the correlated health impacts), and the multinational chains that cater to the growing appetite for processed convenience adjust their menus for the...
by Sophie Beach | May 12, 2005
From Xinhua: What happens when businesses are driven not just by maximizing profits for their shareholders, but also by benefiting the wider community and environment in which they operate? Sparks fly. Amazing feats are achieved in local communities, factories, businesses, and even nations… Today, China is probably more integrated into the international community than at […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China