Nobody was surprised when Clubhouse, the viral app on which Chinese users shared their unfiltered views with global audiences, was blocked in China. Users had widely anticipated that Clubhouse would have to die. But the sudden...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 24, 2018
A government order to Chinese broadcasters issued last week, along with the hasty removal of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 11, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 10, 2014
The New York Times’ Jonathan Ansfield speaks with musicians Abigail Washburn, Kai Welch and...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 12, 2013
For the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy’s Banned Expression campaign, Dechen...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China