Nobody was surprised when Clubhouse, the viral app on which Chinese users shared their unfiltered views with global audiences, was blocked in China. Users had widely anticipated that Clubhouse would have to die. But the sudden...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 24, 2018
A government order to Chinese broadcasters issued last week, along with the hasty removal of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 11, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 10, 2014
The New York Times’ Jonathan Ansfield speaks with musicians Abigail Washburn, Kai Welch and...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 12, 2013
For the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy’s Banned Expression campaign, Dechen...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods