These poems, attributed to 伯罗奔尼撒, or “Peloponnese,” were posted to WeChat by user 1号档案馆, or “Number 1 Archive.” CDT Chinese editors have archived them, and they are translated below with added links for...
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 24, 2018
A government order to Chinese broadcasters issued last week, along with the hasty removal of...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 11, 2015
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 10, 2014
The New York Times’ Jonathan Ansfield speaks with musicians Abigail Washburn, Kai Welch and...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 12, 2013
For the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy’s Banned Expression campaign, Dechen...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo