This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 14, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 31, 2011
The Guardian reports and illustrates new data on global carbon emissions which shows China pulling further ahead of the US, almost offsetting the expected dip in emissions caused by the global recession. While US emissions fell...
by Michael Zhao | Jun 26, 2006
From Reuters via the New York Times: Tibetan exiles living in India scaled the fence at the Chinese embassy and set fire to Chinese flags on Monday, protesting against a nearly-completed railway linking Tibet with the rest of China. Several protesters, some dressed in Buddhist robes, were arrested after a violent scuffle with embassy guards […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods