This series is a month-by-month recap of censorship instructions issued to the media by government...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 14, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 31, 2011
The Guardian reports and illustrates new data on global carbon emissions which shows China pulling further ahead of the US, almost offsetting the expected dip in emissions caused by the global recession. While US emissions fell...
by Michael Zhao | Jun 26, 2006
From Reuters via the New York Times: Tibetan exiles living in India scaled the fence at the Chinese embassy and set fire to Chinese flags on Monday, protesting against a nearly-completed railway linking Tibet with the rest of China. Several protesters, some dressed in Buddhist robes, were arrested after a violent scuffle with embassy guards […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”