The Australian federal government has used its expanded powers to terminate a Belt and Road infrastructure agreement between China and the state of Victoria. The move, announced on Wednesday, came amid the latest war of words...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 20, 2018
The following article is reposted from Project Sinopsis, with permission: The CCP’s Model of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 14, 2017
As Western academic publishers contend with attempts to censor their content in China, Australian...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 27, 2017
In recent years, concerns have been mounting over China’s increasing soft cultural influence...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods