With large-scale protests over environmental concerns increasing in size and frequency, China’s leaders are under pressure to find ways to ease public concerns about industrial pollution. On the sidelines of the 18th Party...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 3, 2012
Last weekend, following an increasingly familiar pattern, protests in the coastal city of Ningbo won the promised suspension of a controversial paraxylene (PX) plant. At China Media Project, David Bandurski discussed the role of...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 29, 2012
Over the weekend, residents took to the streets in Ningbo, Zhejiang, to protest plans to expand a paraxylene (PX) plant in their city. Following the protests, which lasted three days and sometimes turned violent, the local...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo