On September 1, 2008, retired CCP cadre Liu Tiancheng published an essay on his personal blog about a trip to the southern part of Xinjiang decades earlier. The essay appeared as a special column in China News Digest (华夏文摘) the...
by Anne Henochowicz | Oct 27, 2020
An undated photograph circulating on the internet in China appears to show a slide from a presentation at the Guangdong Province Party Committee School’s Institute of Public Administration, listing the “Ten Commandments...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 18, 2019
On Twitter, Radio Free Asia Chinese has posted an ad shared by the 301 Hospital, a Beijing institution catering to PLA officers and top officials, for a project aimed at maintaining the health and and extending the longevity of...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 6, 2019
Over the past several months, dozens of Chinese Twitter users within China have reportedly been...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 22, 2015
At People’s Daily Online, Luxiao Zou reports anger over the promotion of two judges who...
by Samuel Wade | May 29, 2014
A new survey from the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences sheds light on tarnished public...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms