The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 22, 2015
At China Real Time, Josh Chin reports on liberal businessman Wang Gongquan’s public...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 4, 2013
For CBS’ 60 Minutes, Lesley Stahl visits China to investigate the “largest housing bubble in human history” and explore ghost cities, such as Ordos, Inner Mongolia, and housing and shopping developments that...
by Sandra Severdia | Oct 17, 2011
As Steve Jobs’ death triggered enormous reactions from Chinese netizens, the Beijing real estate tycoon Pan Shiyi has also joined the wave by posting the following tweet on his microblog: @Pan Shiyi: Apple’s board of directors...
by Michael Zhao | Feb 3, 2007
In a wave, celebrities are shutting down blogs, to shy away from foul language. Will this “embolden” the government in cleaning up the Internet? From Josie Liu’s blog (photo: Beijing real estate tycoon Pan Shiyi, via Josie Liu’s blog): In a recent blog entry, famous real estate entrepreneur Pan Shiyi (ÊΩòÁü≥Â±π) called on blog readers […]
by Sophie Beach | Oct 12, 2006
NY Arts Magazine has a feature story about the Together with Migrants festival held this past summer in Beijing: Hundreds of migrant laborers packed the exhibition hall at Jianwai SOHO provided by culture-savvy real-estate magnate Pan Shiyi. Many dressed in their finest attire, especially the young ones who aimed to show the assembled hordes of […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’