Chinese leader Xi Jinping unexpectedly announced sweeping and potentially transformative, albeit vague, commitments to cut China’s carbon footprint last week. In an address before the United Nation’s General Assembly, Xi said,...
Paris climate summit
by Josh Rudolph | Jan 17, 2017
Xi Jinping yesterday took the stage in Davos to address the World Economic Forum, the first time a...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 22, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump followed up on a key campaign talking point on Monday by announcing...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 11, 2015
The U.N. Climate Change Conference (COP21) in Paris has been extended by one day after parties...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods