Outspoken property tycoon Ren Zhiqiang went missing nearly four weeks ago, soon after the online circulation of an essay attributed to him which sharply attacked the official handling of the COVID-19 epidemic and especially the...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 10, 2016
Sensitive Words highlights keywords that are blocked from Sina Weibo search results. CDT...
by Grace | Feb 5, 2016
Following mounting calls for “absolute” loyalty to the Chinese Communist Party and to...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods