Former Politburo member Sun Zhengcai has been charged with corruption, becoming “the...
by Grace | Oct 21, 2017
During a panel session at the 19th Party Congress on Thursday, China’s securities commission...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 31, 2016
In the latest edition of the Hoover Institution’s China Leadership Monitor, Alice L. Miller...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 2, 2016
This week sees the start of the annual “Two Sessions” of the advisory Chinese People’s...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 24, 2013
The depth of President Xi Jinping’s commitment to reform has come under scrutiny since he took power in March. But in recent comments on an inspection tour of Hubei, he spoke about the need for far-reaching reforms in...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 5, 2013
Former mayor of Beijing Chen Xitong died on Sunday morning, but news of his death did not emerge until two days later, on the 24th anniversary of the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown which he oversaw. From South China Morning Post: Chen...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods