In recent months, the collapse of China’s peer-to-peer (P2P) loan industry has eradicated the life...
Mar 9, 2018
A WeChat post last week from the public account XiaoJingZhiJia (@小警之家, which bills itself as...
May 6, 2016
Laura Zhou at South China Morning Post reports that authorities in Hunan have summoned riot police...
Jul 31, 2005
From The South China Morning Post, via A Glimpse of the World: The authorities issued a stern warning yesterday after a series of violent protests across the country, emphasising the Communist Party’s leadership and the need to abide by the law. The People’s Daily vowed in a front-page commentary that no illegal attempts to disrupt […]
May 7, 2005
This OP-ED was published by Asian Wall Street Journal on 27 April 05: It’s no coincidence that the largest of China’s recent anti-Japanese protests occurred in cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and...
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes