The following stability maintenance instructions have been leaked and distributed online. Notice...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 19, 2011
The following document was co-written in March 2010 by the Zhejiang Public Security Bureau and the Zhejiang Department of Public Health as an internal document to detail the process by which certain categories of citizens,...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 2, 2009
Meng Jianzhu (孟建柱), the Minister of Public Security, recently published a long article in the Party publication “Qiushi”《求是》. The title of the article is “Intensify the Construction of Five Capacities,...
by Xiao Qiang | Jun 9, 2007
Talking about Xiamen leaders “getting angry,” here is an article on Southern Metropolitan Daily on June 3rd on the environmental protests in Xiamen on June 1st and 2nd, translated by CDT: All Residents: There were...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 18, 2007
From China in Transition blog: China has established what is seen as the largest citizen identification information database in the world, the Ministry of Public Security announced this month. The database contains the name and citizen identification card number of nearly 1.3 billion people in mainland China, as well as other personal information such as […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods