This week, the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of China issued the results of its annual...
by Grace | Sep 1, 2014
As part of the Xi administration’s ongoing restriction of press freedom in mainland China...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 6, 2014
After a series of violent attacks attributed by the government to Xinjiang separatists, the...
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 24, 2009
From the Beijing-based Party magazine Qiushi, translated by David Bandurski of the China Media Project, Hong Kong University: To keep to the road of peace and development, this is the grand promise China has made to the world....
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods