On Friday, China reported only a single new COVID-19 infection outside the outbreak’s epicenter of Wuhan, which saw 74 new cases, with the additional exception of 24 cases found in people returning from abroad. The same...
by Paulina Hartono | May 28, 2009
A group of 21 students and 3 teachers from Maryland have been quarantined due to a AH1N1 flu scare. Daniel de Vise of the Washington Post reports: Twenty-one students and three teachers from a Silver Spring private school who...
by Paulina Hartono | May 8, 2009
Sophie Leung of Bloomberg reports on Hong Kong’s quarantine release: Hong Kong released 286 people quarantined in a downtown hotel that was the site of the city’s first confirmed swine flu case. Another 61 were released...
by Sophie Beach | May 3, 2009
Following the involuntary quarantine of Mexican citizens in China, Mexican government representatives have lodged complaints with Beijing. From BBC: Mexican officials said their citizens were being unfairly confined. The Mexican...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions