The arrival of the Delta variant of COVID-19 in mainland China has led some to reassess the country’s strategy of lockdowns and mass testing. Rather than endlessly cycle through such disruptive, costly measures, why not...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 7, 2020
On Friday, China reported only a single new COVID-19 infection outside the outbreak’s epicenter of Wuhan, which saw 74 new cases, with the additional exception of 24 cases found in people returning from abroad. The same...
by Paulina Hartono | May 28, 2009
A group of 21 students and 3 teachers from Maryland have been quarantined due to a AH1N1 flu scare. Daniel de Vise of the Washington Post reports: Twenty-one students and three teachers from a Silver Spring private school who...
by Paulina Hartono | May 8, 2009
Sophie Leung of Bloomberg reports on Hong Kong’s quarantine release: Hong Kong released 286 people quarantined in a downtown hotel that was the site of the city’s first confirmed swine flu case. Another 61 were released...
by Sophie Beach | May 3, 2009
Following the involuntary quarantine of Mexican citizens in China, Mexican government representatives have lodged complaints with Beijing. From BBC: Mexican officials said their citizens were being unfairly confined. The Mexican...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods