Recent months have seen increasingly sharp reprisals against prominent critics of Xi Jinping’s leadership. Law professor Xu Zhangrun was fired by Tsinghua University in mid-July after a brief detention and his earlier...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 26, 2019
Recent years have brought a succession of moves to tighten the reins on China’s education system. Authorities have sought to drive out “Western values” and cultivate a new focus on Xi Jinping’s signature...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 29, 2018
Two weeks ago, CDT translated a deleted essay by Renmin University student Xiang Junwei describing...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 28, 2013
An official at China’s prestigious Renmin University was recently detained for his alleged...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China