This week, 45 Taiwanese citizens were deported from Kenya to China after several were acquitted on...
by ecary | Oct 20, 2008
From Reuters: On Monday, hundreds of angry investors in a get-rich-quick scheme fought with police outside a government office in Beijing after demanding help from the government. Nearly 30,000 investors lost a total of 1.3...
by Zhaohua Li | Jul 14, 2008
Fake tickets are only the beginning, from Reuters: Apart from run-of-the-mill confidence tricks from people selling pirated Olympic coins, gold bricks and other merchandise, police had heard reports of offers to arrange...
by Xiao Qiang | Nov 22, 2007
From EastSouthWestNorth blog, Roland Soong translated this article on the Southern Metropolis Daily, November 22, 2007: “100,000 yuan to cure cancer. As quickly as ten days but now later than twenty days. If you have faith, you will be saved.” A fifty-ish illiterate rural woman who has never been in school for a single day […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese city suffers food shortages during Covid-19 lockdown
- Mind Matters – Lawyer Turned Citizen Journalist in China Turns Up Again—in Jail
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020