In recent years, China’s slowing economy has led to a steady growth in labor unrest, with...
Nov 12, 2013
Bettina Wassener at the New York Times looks at the private service sector of Chinese economy, its...
Jun 2, 2012
In a recent article, The Economist compares the condition of two generations of migrant workers in China. Many [migrant workers] have ended up in the same jobs and dormitory beds as their parents did. A survey by the National...
Jan 25, 2012
China’s State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) announced Thursday that it will implement programs in four designated industries to lure foreign experts over the next five years. From Xinhua News: The four...
Feb 21, 2009
On YaleGlobal Online, an aptly named economist, David Dollar, argues that China’s route out of the global economic free fall may be to the services industry: As the global economy sinks deeper into recession, political...
CDT in the News
- NYT – China Keeps Trying to Crush Them. Their Movement Keeps Growing.
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution