CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 28, 2016
Amid China’s ongoing “war on pollution,” central authorities have signaled their...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 17, 2015
Police in Xi’an, Shaanxi have reported that a Uyghur man died after police shot him for...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 18, 2013
The following propaganda directive was first published by Reporters Without Borders. Shaanxi...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”