While the ongoing lockdown of Xi’an has thrust millions of people into health and food insecurity, online public outrage must contend with state media’s heart-warming stories of “noodles helping noodles.” Even Jia Pingwa, the...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 14, 2020
CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 28, 2016
Amid China’s ongoing “war on pollution,” central authorities have signaled their...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 17, 2015
Police in Xi’an, Shaanxi have reported that a Uyghur man died after police shot him for...
by Anne Henochowicz | Nov 18, 2013
The following propaganda directive was first published by Reporters Without Borders. Shaanxi...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism