At The New York Times’ ArtBeat, David Barboza reports that a nine-character calligraphy...
Apr 10, 2013
Auction house Christie’s announced Tuesday that it had secured a license to operate independently in China, a move which will facilitate direct access into the world’s largest art and auction market. From The New...
Dec 6, 2012
In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
CDT in the News
- RFA – China quells COVID protests but memories of mass mobilization will be harder to erase
- Newsweek – Leaked Document Shows China Eyeing Three Key Dates for Protest Crackdown
- In the Bubble with Andy Slavitt (podcast) – What Zero-COVID Protests Mean for China and the World, with guests Xiao Qiang and Michael Beckley
- BBC (Newsday podcast) – Chinese censorship: “A decisive breach of the Big Silence”
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation – After China’s loudest protests in decades, Xi Jinping will be treading extremely carefully as the nation mourns Jiang Zemin