Jeremy Wallace is assistant professor of political science at Ohio State University and the author...
by Josh Rudolph | Aug 26, 2014
As China’s “ultra-tough, unconventional” crackdown on terrorism continues to...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2014
While China often voices suspicion that the U.S. is trying to undermine it, president Barack Obama...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 16, 2011
A translation at Economic Observer profiles two Beijing-based “interceptors”, employed by local governments to dissuade or otherwise prevent petitioners from registering their grievances. Zhang said that many...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”