Gwyneth Ho Kwai-lam is one of 47 Hong Kong pro-democracy activists charged with subversion under the National Security Law for running in a political primary last year. A former journalist for the BBC and local media outlet...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 28, 2017
Taiwanese activist Lee Ming-che was sentenced to five years in prison for subverting state power...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2017
Activist Wu Gan, also known as Super Vulgar Butcher, stood trial for subversion in Tianjin on...
by Samuel Wade | May 30, 2017
Ten weeks ago, Taiwanese activist Lee Ming-che was detained while entering China from Macau,...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 14, 2016
Writer and activist Lü Gengsong (吕耿松), a longtime advocate for the banned China Democracy Party,...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 7, 2016
Nearly exactly one year after she was detained in the “Black Friday” roundup of human...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods