Anna Lindstedt, Sweden’s former ambassador to China, is under criminal investigation for breaches...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 14, 2019
Angela Gui, the daughter of detained writer and publisher Gui Minhai, has written an account of an...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 19, 2016
Monday was the first anniversary of the disappearance from Thailand of Gui Minhai, a Hong...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 3, 2011
The Telegraph’s Malcolm Moore reports from Shanxi on the voracious coal mining which, according to local government, has left more than 8,000 square miles of the surface dangerously vulnerable to subsidence and sinkholes....
by Sophie Beach | Dec 18, 2008
A Swedish prosecutor is investigating all-expenses trips taken to China by Nobel Prize jurors, according to the AP: The investigation was prompted by a Swedish Radio report that said three jurors from the medicine, chemistry and...
by Michael Zhao | Apr 4, 2007
From Caijing online (photo: 3C’s logo from its web site): Sweden and its largest energy concern are recruiting corporate allies in China for a private-sector battle against global climate change. More than 20 Chinese firms have been asked to join the three-month-old 3C Combat Climate Change Initiative spearheaded by Vattenfall, a specialist company in alternative […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China