As tensions between China and Japan mount once more, Robert Dujarric asks why Japanese apologies...
by Liu Yong | Oct 6, 2008
From Reuters: Japan’s new Prime Minister Taro Aso plans to visit China in late October, eyeing his first summit with Chinese leaders since taking office last month, government officials said on Sunday. Tokyo and Beijing...
by Liu Yong | Sep 23, 2008
From Reuters: China avoided commenting directly on the election of hawkish Taro Aso as Japan’s new leader, with a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman saying on Tuesday only that good ties were in the interests of both countries....
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 23, 2005
From Newindpress.com: Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso said China was beginning to pose “a considerable threat”, given the unclear intent of its rising military spending, leading to a sharp rebuke from Beijing which termed the statement “highly irresponsible”. China is “a neighbour with 1 billion people equipped with nuclear bombs and has expanded its military […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions