As tensions between China and Japan mount once more, Robert Dujarric asks why Japanese apologies...
by Liu Yong | Oct 6, 2008
From Reuters: Japan’s new Prime Minister Taro Aso plans to visit China in late October, eyeing his first summit with Chinese leaders since taking office last month, government officials said on Sunday. Tokyo and Beijing...
by Liu Yong | Sep 23, 2008
From Reuters: China avoided commenting directly on the election of hawkish Taro Aso as Japan’s new leader, with a Foreign Ministry spokeswoman saying on Tuesday only that good ties were in the interests of both countries....
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 23, 2005
From Newindpress.com: Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso said China was beginning to pose “a considerable threat”, given the unclear intent of its rising military spending, leading to a sharp rebuke from Beijing which termed the statement “highly irresponsible”. China is “a neighbour with 1 billion people equipped with nuclear bombs and has expanded its military […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods