After he was denied re-entry to China eight times, Feng Zhenghu lived in Tokyo’s Narita Airport...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 4, 2012
CDT previously reported on the possible economic strain from the Diaoyu Island dispute between China and Japan. As Chinese surveillance ships arrive in the region, the tensions between the two nations continue to escalate. The...
by Scott Greene | Sep 13, 2012
A fleet of six Chinese surveillance ships arrived in the waters around the disputed Diaoyu Islands [see update below] on Friday morning, according to Xinhua News: It is the first time for Chinese surveillance ships to patrol...
by Melissa M. Chan | Sep 11, 2012
As the tensions between China and Japan mount over the Diaoyu Islands, Japan’s government says it will purchase the islands from the private owner. The territorial dispute has already placed strains between the two countries....
by Melissa M. Chan | Sep 4, 2012
As tensions with Japan over the Diaoyu Islands have led to anti-Japanese protests, Xinhua reports the Chinese foreign ministry has briefed Japan on the investigation of a recent incident in which the Japanese ambassador’s...
by Wu Nan | Apr 22, 2008
One hundred sixty lawmakers in Japan prayed in Yasukuni Shrine, which is considered to be a hypersensitive location in Sino-Japan relations. Japan’s Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda was not among the visitors. Thus, the bottom...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’