After punishing the first healthcare workers who voiced concerns about a mysterious new virus now known as the novel coronavirus responsible for COVID-19 in December, authorities in Wuhan, Hubei province continued to act as if...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 16, 2017
Over the past two years, China has seen a proliferation of state-endorsed experiments representing...
by Samuel Wade | May 2, 2015
Dutch newspaper de Volkskrant recently reported on China’s plans for a wide-reaching...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 21, 2013
With the former flood of news about fallen Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai slowing to a trickle, rumors have rushed in to fill the gap, even in China’s own state media. According to some of the more recent mutterings,...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 15, 2007
The “South China Tiger” [华南虎］saga continues. Now known as “Tigergate” among Chinese netizens, this event will no doubt be one of the top media/internet stories of 2007. On December 2nd, NetEase (one of...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo