At around 1pm on Thursday, an explosive device was detonated outside the U.S. embassy in Beijing....
by Samuel Wade | Jan 28, 2014
Gary Locke’s likely successor as U.S. ambassador to China, Senator Max Baucus, faced a...
by Scott Greene | Sep 20, 2012
Chinese authorities are investigating a Tuesday incident in which a group of protesters harassed U.S. ambassador Gary Lockein his car outside the U.S. embassy. From Bloomberg Businessweek: State Department spokeswoman Victoria...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods