The United States Senate has passed a landmark, bipartisan bill to dramatically increase government spending on technological development. The bill, known as the U.S. Innovation and Competition Act, allocates $250 billion to...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 2, 2016
Chinese commercial property developer and entertainment conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group has in...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 15, 2016
On Friday, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a bill that would change the address of the Chinese...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 28, 2014
Gary Locke’s likely successor as U.S. ambassador to China, Senator Max Baucus, faced a...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 19, 2013
News came on Wednesday of Max Baucus’ selection—pending senate approval—to succeed departing...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 13, 2011
On October 6, the U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution apologizing to Chinese immigrants for past discrimination, including the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882, which blocked immigration by Chinese and was one of the most...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods